BINGHAMS FARM BARNS & HOLIDAY COTTAGES
Visiting Binghams Farm Barns
We are pleased to welcome all our guests to Binghams Farm and we hope you enjoy your stay with us. Due to the Coronavirus Pandemic we have had to make some changes to ensure the safety of all our guests as well as ourselves and staff. Please now take the time to review the information below:
Who can travel to Binghams Farm
We ask that you and members of your party only travel to Binghams Farm Barns if you are all well and it is safe to do so. All visitors are required to adhere to any travel restrictions within their area of residence. Should you experience any of the following symptoms then please contact NHS 111:
- high temperature– this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- new, continuous cough– this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- loss or change to your sense of smell or taste– this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
Please inform us immediately if any member of your party falls ill before or during your stay and up to 14 days after you have left the property. Please note that if you need to isolate in the property during your stay and/or beyond you are liable for all costs and additional charges which could include deep cleaning and rehousing future guests therefore please take out suitable travel insurance.
- Please do not arrive at the property until 3pm at the earliest.
- Access/car parking gates will be left open ready for you to access the property. Please leave these gates open when you are not in the property to allow for maintenance access.
- All keys are disinfected and left either under the plant pot next to the main door or in the door itself. Please let yourselves in and make yourselves at home.
- Each property will have been cleaned and disinfected in accordance with our cleaning schedules. A copy is available upon request.
- On arrival and when subsequently entering the property please ensure that all members of your party wash their hands.
- Welcome box – clean and disinfected box of general supplies
Please note that all other food provisions have been removed from property. Cleaning materials/equipment and a disinfectant spray will be provided.
As a visitor to West Dorset we want you to enjoy our local food and produce so please try to shop locally but if you do need to make an on-line grocery order please ensure that the delivery time slot is when you are in the property as we are unable to take delivery on your behalf.
During your stay
Lisa, Alistair & family will be following the published social distancing guidelines. We will only access the property using the designated “STAFF only” access points and will a maintain 2m distance but are happy to answer any questions you might have about the property or local area. Should you prefer us to only contact you via email or mobile then please let us know in advance.
We only require access to the property and grounds for maintenance purposes such as cutting the grass or emptying the rubbish bins. We will endeavour to complete these tasks when you and your party are not in the property. If you have an emergency then please do still contact us as will be happy to help.
Following professional guidelines to ensure your increased safety we have removed a number of items from the property. We will be happy to provide the following upon request and will ensure that these items have been fully cleaned and disinfected. This includes:
- Additional crockery, cutlery and glassware
- DVDs (see website for a full list)
- Games (see website for a full list)
- Toy boxes for younger children (boys and girls)
- Cot and highchair with stair gates for infants
Each property has its own information pack which includes instructions on setting the central heating, using kitchen appliances, rubbish/recycling details, WIFI codes etc. This information is now available on-line at our website www.binghamsfarmbarns.co.uk and on the notice board in each property.
Current advice is that the Coronavirus only lasts a limited time on paper therefore books and tourist information still remain in the property. Our website www.binghamsfarmbarns.co.uk has a number of links to local attractions and recommended eateries, please ask us if you are looking for somewhere in particular to visit.
Linens and soft furnishings
Each bed will have fresh linen with clean mattress and pillow protectors. We understand that some guests may wish to bring their own duvets and linen – please let us know in advance if you would like us to remove any duvets and pillows from the property.
Each bed will have 1 pillow per head space with spares (made up and ready to use) in the bedroom storage (ie wardrobe or drawers). Spare blankets, cushions and pillows are available upon request.
Each property has its own enclosed garden which is for your private use. Outdoor furniture, BBQ, hoses and gates will be disinfected before you arrive. Guests can still access the Binghams Farm grounds but we ask that you maintain social distancing at all times.
Current Government rules allow the play area and trampoline with the football goals to be open however please note this area is NOT disinfected therefore we advise you use the disinfectant provided in your property and wash hands immediately after play. The play area is used at your own risk and children must be supervised.
Benches are located around the grounds and these are NOT disinfected therefore used at your own risk. Please use the disinfectant spray provided in your property.
Please ensure that all guests wash their hands on re-entering the property.
At the current time there is no evidence that dogs are affected by Coronavirus or that they can transmit the virus to other humans (The Kennel Club – 1st June 2020).
Our dogs – Woody and Buzz – are very friendly and have access to our grounds (not your private garden). Your dogs are welcome off the lead but under control– please maintain social distancing and wash your hands on returning to the property.
The walk around the woods and paddock is open and we will be happy to tell you about lots of walks in the area. All dog waste should be disposed of.
Please do not leave your dogs in the property unattended especially in hot weather. If your dogs like to sit on the sofas/chairs at home then please bring your own covers for our furniture. Please do not allow dogs on any of the beds for hygiene reasons. Additional charges will be incurred for any extra cleaning required.
Bins & Rubbish
We ask that you recycle as much of your waste as possible. Each property has a set of bins which includes:
Green – left hand side of bins – Paper, cardboard, cans, plastic & plastic bottles
Black – Centre – Land fill only – you should be able to recycle most of your waste
Brown – right hand side of bins – food waste (no plastic bags please – food bags are provided)
Box – right hand side of bins – Glass
We ask that you:
- Adhere to the 10am departure time so that we can prepare for the next guests.
- Strip any used beds including mattress and pillow protectors and place into the linen bags provided
- Place all used towels, bath mats, tea towels and oven gloves into the linen bags provided.
- Remove all food/rubbish and place in the relevant outdoor bins
- Weather permitting please leave as many windows open as possible.
- Lock the main door and leave the key under the plant pot next to the door.
This is a new and unprecedented time for us all so please contact Lisa & Alistair if you have any questions before, during or after your stay. Your feedback would be most welcome.